The Cross Country Ski Areas Association has created a series of Zoom Round Table discussions to address important topics of specific operations in the COVID-19 world.
The next CCSAA Zoom Round Table will take place at 2pm EDT on Wednesday November 4 and will take on Opportunity and Crisis Management. The call is open to current CCSAA members only.
As our industry approaches the beginning of winter and areas prepare for opening, our thoughts turn to ‘what if’? All indications are that there will be a significant increase in skiers this year, both in the back country and at our groomed ski resorts. This is an exciting time for cross country skiing, but it comes not without peril. What if we are overrun with skiers looking for lessons and rentals beyond our capacity? What if our staff contracts the virus?
The November 4th call will focus on the opportunity and the potential pitfalls. Panelists will discuss key changes they have made to their operating procedures for selling day tickets, how to handle season’s pass holders and provide safe passage through rentals. Our panelists will also discuss the contingency plans for two possible crises:
- Such an increase in skier traffic that the crowds are difficult to control or be serviced well
- Sickness within the staff that results in shut down or reduced available staff
Also, what if you promote a reservation only system for day skiers and that inhibits skiers from coming thinking they will not get on the trails?
We are encouraging the call participants to share their contingency plans by using the chat and raise hand function of the Zoom call.
how to start an introduction to a reflective essay ap board intermediate model papers respect property essay go to link click see https://cadasb.org/pharmacy/dosage-viagra-tablet/13/ https://www.aestheticscienceinstitute.edu/medical/tosh0-viagra-gay/100/ go here levitra casero enter custom home work writer site au discuss the role of light in essay follow link essay on meaning of happiness viagra originally heart medication https://efm.sewanee.edu/faq/chemistry-gcse-coursework-marble-chips/22/ https://homemods.org/usc/essay-on-religion-in-india/46/ action research paper sample https://behavior.org/typer/thesis-jury-composition/31/ follow 100 mg dose cialis source the fragile dissertation https://explorationproject.org/annotated/business-plan-management-team/80/ a response to literature essay enter site orwell dali essay https://norfolkspca.com/medservice/kamagra-online-rx-pharmacy/14/ click here Panel
- Mike Hussey – General Manager, Rikert Nordic and Middlebury Snowbowl, VT
- Nick Mahood – Nordic Center and Recreational Trails Director, Woodstock Nordic, VT
- Sally Jones – Manager, Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Area, CA
- Christie Hicks – Executive Director, Crested Butte Nordic, CO
- Richard Hodges – Nordic Director, White Pine Touring, UT
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for login details. If you have joined a Round Table before, you do not need to re-register, you will be included on all future lists to receive the login details. Login details will be e-mailed by 10am on the morning of the call.
Need to renew your membership? Please do so HERE!
Future Round Table topics will include the following
The next call will be Wednesday Dec 9 where we will speak with ski areas that are currently open and discuss any operational changes that have been needed since they have been open.
The next call will be January 6.
CCSAA Round Table Discussion Archives
- Learning’s from recently Opened Summer Operations at Cross Country Ski Areas – 6/17/20
- Best Practices around Day Ticketing and Season Pass Sales in the COVID-19 Environment – 7/1/20
- Rental Operations Under COVID-19 – 7/15/20
- Retail Operations Under COVID-19 – 7/29/20
- Food & Beverage
- Community Forum
- Community Forum – Tickets, Retail and Rental
- Nov 4 – Opportunity and Crisis Management