Front Page Forums Snowmaking Snowmaking Equipment Inspection

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Johnson
    Participant

Would anyone in Barrie, Ontario (Canada) with a lot of snowmaking experience and knowledge be available to inspect some snowmaking equipment we are looking to purchase? Only 140 more days until our projected opening day, Nov. 28, 2024 😉
    Thanks, Aaron

ccsaaindustry
    Keymaster

Aaron, have you asked the local brand reps to comment? I am assuming you are looking at used equipment and the reps may have knowledge of it.

ccsaaindustry
    Keymaster

Aaron, have you asked the local brand reps to comment? I am assuming you are looking at used equipment and the reps may have knowledge of it.

Aaron Johnson
    Participant

No, we haven’t yet, and thanks for the suggestion. Yes, we are looking at used equipment.

RHodges
    Participant

I hope you find someone close by. The biggest things you’ll want to look for are the condition of the pumps and fittings. You’ll have to plan on replacing or deep cleaning all of the nozzles of the fans or sprayers most likely. It’s a lot dependent on what duty cycle they are/were under and the condition of the water that’s been pumped through them. You’ll probably be looking at new hoses and checking all the electrical. Most guns are pretty durable and long-lived, but the wear and maintenance records would be helpful if there are any.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.