A free course for instructors to enhance their teaching toolkit, Delivering the Beginner Experience – Cross Country shares ways to help give students a successful beginner experience in cross country skiing.
“PSIA Cross Country Team members Emily Lovett and Greg Rhodes did a great job of creating this course,” said PSIA-AASI Education Development Specialist Mariah Feno. “They broke down the three cross country skiing skills from the Cross Country Technical Model, for both classic and skate skiing, so that instructors can provide drills, tips, and tricks to give their students the ultimate beginner lesson.”
Topics in this E-Learning course include:
- Why providing an excellent beginner lesson is important.
- How to negotiate the rental shop.
- Introducing yourself to the guest.
- Tips on offering the best beginner experience.
- And how to wrap up your lesson.
Log in to add this free course to your personal learning library now.
Please also note the PSIA on-snow events in early Winter for CCSAA.
- PSIA XC Academy: Dec. 1 – 3 West Yellowstone MT – https://www.thesnowpros.org/events/cross-country-academy (Open to PSIA members and non members)
- PSIA-Rocky Mountain: Dec. 10, 11 Breckenridge CO – https://members.psia-rm.org/civicrm/event/info%3Fid%3D3981%26reset%3D1 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Open to members and non members)
- PSIA-North West Rendezvous Dec 13-15 Methow Valley, WA – https://www.psia-nw.org/event/nordic-fall-college-2/?instance_id=3809