Digitize your Records
- Digitize your Records – CCSAA has formed a partnership with Cooks Data Services, a group that will take your rental and lesson forms and create digital files from the names and e-mails.
- PR Tips and Tricks – PR Agency MFA Presentation at the 2017 SIA Show, Denver, CO
- Making a News Release Work For You – Whether it’s sent via e-mail, snail mail, or fax, a news release is the best way to connect with media. Media lists, media trips, media kits, and photo libraries are your other vital publicity tools, and they’re all interdependent.
- Roger Lohr from XCSkiResorts.com shares these two position pieces on HR with the CCSAA Membership:
- How to Reach New and Existing Customers – The Game Has Changed, Are You Still In It?
- Marketing Wellness – In an NSAA Journal article the case for becoming more distinctive and articulate in marketing about “wellness” was made – mountain resorts provide guests with more
- Research can Make You Money – You probably know that it’s more costly to create a new guest than to persuade a past guest to return (in marketing jargon: “Customer Acquisition vs. Customer Retention”)
- Consumer Clinics – Partnerships in the Nordic business are invaluable in promoting the sport (and turning a dollar). Here’s a crash course on how XC area operators can give clinics to the public about every enticement your operation offers, from balloon biathlon to fat biking.
- Should Trail Use be Free? – It’s worth gently educating the world that XC may not be an expensive sport, but for very good reasons, groomed trails aren’t free.
- 10 Things Your Resort Should be Doing – Marketing at its simplest is how customers see your business. This presentation focuses on things your resort can do to stay focused.
On-Line Ticket Sales Platform
- Liftopia – CCSAA has partnered with Liftopia to offer cloud-based sales for trail passes, lessons and rentals to be made on your own website Setting up the store with Liftopia is quick and easy.
- Working ON your business in the OFF season – After months of working IN your business during the peak cross country ski season, the off-season is the perfect time to work ON strategies that will grow your business next year.
- Your next customer, who are they? – David Lively from the Lively Merchant presents on how consumer media consumption has shifted and how best to reach your next customer.
- USST Crystal Pass – Similar to the USSA’s Alpine Gold Pass program, the newly created Crystal Pass is for the cross country enthusiast and supporter and is now in its third season.