NE Conference – Gunstock Nordic, NH – Wednesday Nov 10, 2021
The NE Conference will be hosted by the Gunstock Mountain Resort in Gilford, NH on Wednesday, November 1o.
The CCSAA Conferences are not only a great opportunity to learn about new and different techniques for running your ski center, but also a great opportunity to spend time with other owner/operators and discuss issues relevant to your operation.
This year’s NE Conference is particularly pertinent with discussions on engagement and attracting new audiences, on-property destinations, simple food and beverage, ski area data, grooming and snowmaking. This event has relevance for everyone on your staff not to mention a great social experience with key people within the cross country community.
For the groomers and snowmakers:
- PRO ACADEMY??
- A hands on HKD presentation on their entry level snowmaking system
Don’t forget the Silent Auction, please bring something from your ski area or business to include here.
Special thanks to all presenters and panel members including Prinoth and HKD Snomakers , Pisten Bully and Gunstock Outoddor Center.
Monday, November 11
- Pre-dinner hike, run, or walk on Woodstock Nordic Center trails on your own
- 5:00pm –Join us for beer and wine sponsored by the SIG Agency at the CCSAA office for an informal gathering before dinner across the street. 2174 Maxham Meadow Way, Woodstock, VT
- 6:30pm – Dinner for anyone interested at the Worthy Kitchen, 442 Woodstock Road, Woodstock, VT (pay on your own)
- Lodging Options
- Woodstock Inn – Woodstock, VT – 844-366-8659 – Amazing rate of $100 + taxes. Mention Cross Country Ski Areas Association
- Braeside Inn – Woodstock, VT – 802-457-1366
Tuesday, November 12
|8:00-9:30am||Registration, Continental Breakfast, Partner Expo and Silent Auction|
|9:30am||Welcome – Reese Brown, CCSAA Executive Director|
|9:35am||Woodstock Nordic Center Introduction – Nick Mahood, Nordic Director|
|9:45am||Engagement, Public Programming and Attracting New Audiences –Panel discussion event curation, promotions, social media, clinics, weekend retreats and customer experience.|
|10:10am||Social and Trade Show Break|
|10:15am||On Property Destinations & Activities – Panel discussion on simple destinations you can create on at your ski area
· Trapp Cabin, Woodstock Cabin and Paddle Building, Van HO Waffle Hut, Outdoor seating, Fire Pit, Prinoth Bubble Cat, etc.
|11:00am||Social and Trade Show Break|
|11:10am||Simple F&B Operations – Panel discussion on options to get in the game including staffing, logistics and formats (grab and go, back pack picnic, soup +, cafeteria, full-service dining)|
|11:45am||CCSAA PR Initiatives – How CCSAA is working for you|
|12:15pm||Lunch, Silent Auction and Trade Show|
|1:00 – 1:40||CCSAA Ski Area Data– A top line discussion of the industry and the data collected from our members||Snowmaking – Hands on discussion of a simple system that is scalable|
|1:45pm||Best Practices for Event Grooming – Prinoth’s Dirk Van Wijk, Olympic Groomer, will lead a discussion on best practices for event grooming.|
|2:30 – 3:15||Building Incremental Sales – What the data says and how you can build incremental sales||Grooming – Important operator maintenance of the new Prinoth Husky|
|3:15||Final silent auction cash-out and goodbyes.|